Annual Servicing

Robinson Willey gas fires should be serviced annually by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer in accordance with the Installation & Servicing Instructions. Obtain a copy of the Installation & Servicing instructionsor contact Customer Services on 0844 879 3588 (calls cost 7p per minute plus your telephone company’s network access charge).

Find a Gas Safe registered engineer

You should use a Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out gas work safely and legally in your home.
You can find a Gas Safe registered business on the Gas Safe database 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Check that your engineer is Gas Safe registered

All gas engineers should be registered with Gas Safe Register by law to work with gas. Always check a gas engineer is on the register before employing them to carry out work for you. And when your engineer arrives on your doorstep, always ask to see their Gas Safe Register ID card before letting them in.

What gas work needs to be done by a registered engineer?

All gas work carried out in your home and in certain commercial premises should be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Gas work includes:

  • installing, repairing or servicing a gas boiler
  • installing or repairing a gas fire, gas cooker or hob

Not all gas engineers are qualified to do all types of gas work. Check what type of work your gas engineer is qualified to do.

What about DIY?

Never DIY with gas. You will be putting yourself and your family in serious danger from carbon monoxide poisoning and gas explosions.
To find out why you should not DIY with gas, please go the

Are you a Landlord?

If you are a landlord you have legal obligations when it comes to gas safety.
Landlords' legal duties apply to a wide range of accommodation including:

  • residential premises provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, housing co-operatives, hostels
  • rooms let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels
  • rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways

Make sure you read the gas safety advice for landlords on the gas safety advice for landlord's on the

Are you a tenant?

If you are renting a property it is important that you understand your Landlord's gas safety responsibilities.
These apply whether you are in public or private rented accommodation, or if you rent a holiday property.
Make sure you know all you should with our gas safety advice for tenants.