As part of its commitment to quality, Robinson Willey applies rigorous controls to all aspects of the business.
Stringent quality controls are applied to every part of the manufacturing process which is ISO 9001:2008 approved.
All Robinson Willey products carry the CE Mark, complying with the European Safety Standards.
British Electrotechnical Approvals Board BEAB Approved
All Robinson Willey electric fires carry full BEAB approval. The mark of BEAB signifies that the appliance bearing it has been produced to the stringent safety requirements for domestic electrical appliances as laid down in BSEN60335.
All Robinson Willey products are made in accordance with Quality Management System Standard ISO 9001
All Robinson Willey products conform to relevant safety standards, however, during use, parts of the casing become hot. Therefore if aged or inform persons or young children are left unsupervised in the vicinity of the heater, a suitable guard is recommended as is normal with many types of heating appliances in similar circumstances, to ensure contact with the heater is avoided and objects cannot be inserted into the product. Gas and electric fires should never be covered or positioned where objects may fall onto them.
FSC ® Certification
We are delighted to advise that the RW range of electric suites and fire surrounds are FSC® certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council® – a non-governmental organisation that is dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests. With immediate effect, these products will proudly bear The Forest Stewardship Council® “tick tree” logo that guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
Not only does this latest development demonstrate that we are committed to using sustainable materials, it means that when you source these products, you can do so with the confidence that you are not contributing to the destruction of the world’s forests.
The FSC® system includes a certified chain of custody that tracks the timber through every stage in the supply chain from the forest to the final user. This is monitored through the invoicing process, and the final label on the product has a code that confirms that the item is genuinely FSC®. Naturally, we are proud to provide our customers with assurance of the legality of timber used in our latest timber products.
- FSC® stands for the Forest Stewardship Council®
- The FSC® is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests.
- Why FSC®? Sixty million indigenous people and countless species of plants and animals are wholly dependent on forests to live and forests support up to 1.6 billion of the poorest people in the world.
- FSC® certified forests are managed with consideration for people, wildlife and the environment.
- The Forest Stewardship Council® “tick tree” logo is used on product labels to indicate whether products are certified under the FSC® system. When you see the FSC® logo on a label, you can buy timber and other wood products, such as paper, with the confidence that you are not contributing to the destruction of the world’s forests. The FSC® label guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
- Endorsed by major charities WWF, Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace and the Woodland Trust Forests are inspected and certified against strict standards based on FSC’s® 10 Principles of Forest Stewardship. These inspections are undertaken by independent organisations, that are accredited by the FSC®. In order to be given FSC® certification a forest must be managed in an environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable manner.
- The FSC® runs a global forest certification system with two key components: Forest Management and Chain of Custody certification. This system allows consumers to identify, purchase and use timber and forest products produced from well-managed forests.
- The FSC® system includes a certified chain of custody that tracks the timber through every stage in the supply chain from the forest to the final user. This is monitored through the invoicing process, and the final label on the product has a code that confirms that the item is genuinely FSC®. Gives customers assurance of the legality of timber used in timber based products
- GDC Group Ltd’s FSC® certification number is TT-COC-003847
- More information available at www.fsc-uk.org